Denotes active players
2. Early baseball lifeAfter going undrafted out of Thomas Jefferson High School (Wash.), he pitched for Arizona State after transferring there in 2005. He worked an inning of scoreless relief for the Sun Devils in the 2005 College World Series vs. Florida.
3. His favorite team growing up was a Rangers rivalAccording to Barnette’s Arizona State player profile, his favorite team was the Seattle Mariners jersey cheap. That makes sense given that Alaska doesn’t have a professional baseball team.
4. Getting draftedBarnette was drafted in the tenth round (297th overall) to the Arizona Diamondbacks jersey cheap in the 2006 MLB Amateur Draft. That was one selection before former Ranger Craig Gentry jersey cheap, who was drafted by Texas at pick No. 298.
5. Leaving the StatesHe played in the Diamondbacks organization through 2009, and decided to take his talent to Japan, signing with the Yakult Swallows for 50 million (roughly $414,350), plus incentives as a starting pitcher.
6. Thank you Mizuno brand baseballsIn 2011, after a new, standardized Mizuno baseball was introduced in Japan, the sport saw a league wide drop in offensive production. Barnette posted a 2.68 ERA in 47 innings with 54 strikeouts and 13 walks.
Barnette saved a career high 41 games and posted a 1.29 ERA, leading to his request to be posted for the 2016 season by the Swallows.
“Though born and raised in the United States, Barnette has incorporated traditional elements of Japanese baseball into his pitching windup. Most notably, he incorporates the slight hesitation in his delivery that is common among Japanese pitchers. He otherwise throws from a high three quarters angle, using his trunk well and leaving himself in good fielding position.
Detailed pitch information is unfortunately slightly out of date, but at Cheap MLB Jerseys
his best, Barnette threw a low 90s fastball that he could cut and sink, as well as a curveball, a slider, and a changeup. The development of his cutter and sinker had a profound impact on his skill set after he began experimenting with the pitches in 2011 and fully utilized them in his pitching arsenal in 2012, coinciding with his development into a premium closer.”